The Business Analyst is responsible for the issues analysis, evolution, implementation, maintenance and administration of the PLM platform installed on TeamCenter and NX ( Siemens Solutions).
The business analyst uses communication skills to facilitate dialogue between business teams, DS team and external IT partner, this to provide adequate and reliable PLM solutions, and to ensure that design decisions are aligned between stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Ensure the keep-it-running of the product life cycle management solution (corrective maintenance): monitor solution and solve incidents related to the solution, participate to the resolution of incidents in close contact with key users, and external IT Partner(s) when relevant. For incident related to integration, work closely with the internal system integrator.
• Ensure the maintenance of the product life cycle management solution (evolutive maintenance): analyze and implement change requests linked to the solution in close contact with key user, business analyst and IT Partner when relevant. These changes concern business driven changes.
• Lead and deliver small projects related to product life cycle management and assume responsibility for planning, budget and delivery of the end to end functional solution. Ability to work and lead a small team composed of business representatives, key user, system integrator and IT partner.
• Participate in larger projects (integration included), and depending on the project context, analyze and design and implement the functional end to end solution, or participate in workshops with an external IT Partner and validate delivered design documentation and implemented solution.
• Ensure, in complement of the product life cycle management focus, a role to maintain the test and requirement management tool .
• Ensure continuous up to date knowledge around product life cycle management in general and the PLM solution in particular, and provide suggestions for improvement to management for current and future solutions and evolutions.
• Ensure well documented product life cycle management solutions from an analysis, design as well as from a keep-it-running perspective, its communication to its back-up and IT Partner in the context of larger projects.
• Understand, advocate and support DS, architecture and applicative solution strategy and related policies and standards inside the DS department and towards the business community as well.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of applicative solutions policies and standards.
• Good interpersonal skills, including teamwork inside the IS department and with the business community, this in service mode and project mode.
• Good capability in problem resolution between teams and stakeholders, combining factual elements and required communication to define a way to a solution.
• Good capability to design and deliver well balanced product life cycle management solutions taking into account business and DS constraints.
• Good capability to design and deliver product life cycle management solutions covering all elements and details to ensure a successful solution delivery end to end, and across DS teams and components.
• Good capability to commit and deliver work based on well-established priorities with management and projects and act as a trustable person in this way.
• Good capability to work with little to no supervision and to effectively prioritize workload based on established priorities.
• Open mindset to new business models, new technologies and new solutions related to service operations, this in support of business and enterprise objectives.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• Master in Computer Science or relevant experience
• Good technical and analytical skills as a business analyst.
• Experience in analysis and design of applicative solution based on known analysis and design standards (5 to 7 years)
• Experience in business analysis is required and should cover knowledge of integration from a logical and functional viewpoint, in the same business context as mentioned above.
• Experience in using a PLM Platform (3 to 5 years), covering functional and technical administration and configuration as well:
- Experience in Teamcenter and NX Siemens solutions
- Experience with other Siemens solutions (Polarion, etc…)
• Having worked in service mode ensuring the keep-it-running of applicative solutions (corrective maintenance) is required as well as evolutive maintenance.
• Having worked in project mode ensuring the analysis and design and implementation (or validation of those of an IT Partner) of applicative solution is required, preferably in landscape combining SAP and non-SAP systems.
• Pluses in the selection are the knowledge of some of the following domains:
- Object oriented application development
- Development methods (waterfall, agile)
- Service management framework (ITIL)
- Configuration and code versioning (subversion, git, …)